Your page title
Sustainable Development through Community-Based Resource Management
- The islands of El Nido were formed 250 million years ago, in the area that North Vietnam and South China now occupy. (click on map to enlarge)
- In a survey done in 2006, it was estimated that El Nido has 803 species of fish and more than 100 species of coral.
- El Nido is a nesting area of three species of turtles (green, hawksbill, and olive ridley), and is a feeding ground of such marine mammals as dugongs, whales and dolphins.
- 30,131 persons live in 6,165 households (2005, RHU BDP-PRA).
- 45% of El Nido's population belong to the youth sector (1995).
- 95% of the population are migrants.
- Annual population growth rate is at 4.77%.
All photos taken by people or organizations working with El Nido Foundation and used with permission.
© 2009 El Nido Foundation. All Rights Reserved.